Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Bad Run

This post will serve as apology to any of my neighbors who had the unfortunate bad luck to witness my run Tuesday night. Yikes.

I usually run Monday, Wednesday, Friday, but the temps were dangerously low Monday. So...when they got slightly warmer Tuesday afternoon, I headed out for my first run of the second week, which added 30 second to the run times. (I'm using a Couch to 5k program that gradually increases your running while decreasing your walking.)

Here's the good news: I'm learning to love the run, and I can do it! It feels great!

Here's the bad news: I discovered after the fact that I had no idea how to run in the cold. I bundled up. I wore a hat. By the mid-point, I was so hot. My hat would not stay on--even under my hood. As it slipped it pulled my ponytail out. I was trying to adjust all of this while running. I'm sure I looked a hot mess. During my cool down, I started to freeze. When I got home, I couldn't stop sneezing. It was a mess.

Thankfully, I turned to the hive mind of my running friends on facebook who helped a girl out. I am not appropriately equipped for today's run (layers, ski mask, etc.). Of course, I live in NC and it will be 50 today and I need none of those things.

It may have been ugly, but this girl isn't giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment