Friday, February 15, 2019

A Very Happy Valentine's Day

We had a perfectly lovely Valentine's Day at our house. It was a Thursday, so it was our usual crazy. Issa had dance, the boys had the dojo, but I gave my students alternative assignments because no one wants to be sitting in a class on Valentine's Day at dinner time.

We had our usual festive favorite: meats, cheeses, and fruits. We ended with chocolate mousse in chocolate cups topped with berries--thank you Weaver Street. Alexa had a shockingly good love song playlist, and we told the kiddos about our first day, which was on Valentine's Day 21 years ago.

It was such a simple evening, but it was so perfect. After the kids were in bed, Brad and I spent a lot of time talking about the Valentine's over the years. We've grown up together, and the holiday has certainly taking many different shapes over those years. I think this might have been one of my very favorites, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment