Friday, July 24, 2020

Days 129-130: A Silver Lining to Quarantine

I've been taking time this week to try to mentally regroup. I let myself be all in my feelings for a while, but now it is time to start looking for some silver linings.

Work is a hot mess. Hot. Mess. But...I work with really fun, really committed people. We spent the week trying to enroll students in courses in the this crazy hybrid puzzle, and we got it done. It wasn't pretty. We were pulling our hair out, but we also laughed a lot. In my department, we are trying to work with a school district that is suffering from a massive lack of leadership, which makes our jobs harder. But we will get it done. We always do. And when I sent the latest SOS to a colleague about a new requirement that has to be done next week, she jumped all over it, and I know I don't have to worry about it. It will be done well and probably early.

Our new living room is amazing. We have spent cozy evening all comfortably together. There is no way we would have gotten that done if we hadn't all be quarantined at home.

And finally, many of our local restaurants have started offering family meals to go. We have four places that we check often. Every single one has been delicious and more economical than if we had sat in the restaurant. Last night, we had nachos from the Village Diner that have ruined me for all other nachos. We feel good supporting something local, and all we have to do is put the leftovers in the fridge. It's a win-win.

There is so much to be grateful for, and I'm consciously choosing to look for it and the little joys all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment