Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Days 133-134: The Things We Used to Do

Brad and I are trying to shift our language around our house. Issa especially has grown pretty tired of this whole quarantine situation, although we are all pretty much over it.

Monday night, we decided to go get Starbucks after dinner. It took us a couple of tries to find one that was open, but it was a nice treat. Issa was excited for something "normal." That night, Brad had the brilliant idea to term now as normal and pre-March as things we used to do. Random Starbucks runs are things we used to do, and they are a fun treat in our normal life now. Just that little shift changes the perspective for us. 

I also went to the pottery studio yesterday, embracing having the place to myself as normal. It was the first time I had thrown since February, and it took me an hour and a half and so many failed attempts to finally throw this:
You can see the pile of flops behind the wheel. It was initially so frustrating, but in the end if felt so good to have my hands in the clay.


No comments:

Post a Comment