Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Day 269: Branching Out

I had another block of time in the pottery studio this weekend. While I miss seeing my pottery friends, I do love having the studio to myself. I can spread out and work on various stages of pieces without feeling guilty for taking up too much space. I had two finished pieces to pick up:
I'm really excited to start branching out from little bowls and saucers, though. I spent some time over break watching videos, and I'm really trying to learn how to throw mugs. This isn't a bad first attempt:
The angle of this picture is odd, but once I trim it up it should make a decent latte mug:
Up is much more difficult than out, but it's fun to sit down and actually throw intentionally. I'm excited to see add handles and see how these actually turn out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment