Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Humbling

 One of our dojo family lost their child two years ago to hydrocephalus. To help remember her, her parents do something special on her birthday to give back to other families who are dealing with childhood illnesses or loss.

This year, they create a calendar of birthdays of kiddos that we lost in infancy or toddlerhood. The described how hard birthdays are, and asked us to do something for the birthdays and send a picture to be shared with the family. We happily jumped on board!

I committed to making a little birthday sign for each kiddo. For the first week, I made 9. 9 kiddos gone too soon. It's such a humbling feeling. We grumble about carpool or squabbles or messy rooms. These parents would do anything for that headache.

This will be my gratitude practice this year. As I make those signs and celebrate with these families, I will count every single headache as a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment