Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Giddy...

This just makes me giddy:
That would be three little first graders doing homework at my kitchen table.

Yesterday, they all came bounding off the bounce announcing they had their first homework, and Issa asked if they could all do it together at our house. The other moms were thrilled to pass that buck, and, because I'm a nerd, I was thrilled to take it! We sharpened the perfect pencils, and they all settled in at the kitchen table. Since all three of them have different teachers, they all had different assignments. I clarified directions, asked questions, and listened to them giggle about how they knew the answers. While they were working, I started a lasagna, pausing to skim worksheets and make sure they made it back in the folders.

Fifteen minutes later, they were upstairs playing, and I was the happiest mama on the block. I could get used to being the homework house. I like knowing what they are doing in school, and I love that they know I will help. It was one of those parenting moments where you feel like you're doing it right, and I'll take those every chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment