Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Moments

One of my mama worries is that I don't get enough time with Evan. I know it's crazy. I'm allowed. Issa and I have ballet, and we have time everyday on the way to school and between school and when we get Evan. Evan and I don't get much one on one time, so when we do, it feels so good.

Yesterday, Issa was playing next door when I picked up Evan, and the little man and I had some high quality time--with bubble gum. He found a couple pieces of that lovely pink gum in the candy bin and asked if he could have it. Since I don't think he's quite ready for that plunge, I tried to explain what it was and why he couldn't have it. I finally decided it was easier to demonstrate. My goal was to prove how hard it was to chew, but then I started blowing bubbles. It's an involuntary response.

What I was not prepared for was Evan response: he cracked up. I'm talking belly laughter that ends in a giggle and a sigh...every time I blew a bubble for the twenty minutes my jaw held up. He literally threw himself back on the couch he was laughing so hard. It was hysterical. I love that full body laugh, and I love that he's still little enough that a bubble can make the world stop, and I love that he and I had that moment yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. It is moments like that, that you don't plan, that mean the most! :)

    ReplyDelete