Wednesday, September 26, 2012

That Van

If there was ever any doubt that I am a suburban mom, let me just clear that up:
 The van is now fully blinged out with the dance studio bumper magnet, the elementary school bumper magnet, and one for the grassroots organization I joined that works to keep the local food bank stocked.

But wait...there's more! Someone, and if I ever find out who there will be a meaningful conversation had, decided to start a trend around these parts in which children are allowed to put stickers all over the back side windows of their cars. The result from the outside is a white mass of mess and I can only imagine the stickiness of the eventual clean up. The trend is spreading, though, and we've been listening to choruses of pleas about the situation and injustice of their boring back windows. Since I am a sucker for all things festive and holiday, and since it is officially fall, a compromise was reached:
Window clings! From the outside, you really can't see them, but the boring windows have been vanquished. Evan laughs every time he gets in the car, and Issa thinks she pulled off a coup. I'll call that a victory...and we are officially that van.

No comments:

Post a Comment