Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Issa!

A certain someone has a very special day today:
I can't believe my baby needs two hands to display her age. When did she get so big?
 
The big birthday is off to a roaring start! She woke up to this:
 Nothing says "Happy birthday," quite like a balloon curtain in your doorway. The tooth fairy also made her appearance last night and left another whole dollar in the magic box. What more could a girl ask for?

Let me tell you....a hermit crab. Issa desperately wants a hermit crab for her birthday, and Daddy and I decided to oblige. So yesterday, I spent some time on the interwebs researching the little buggers. Then I headed to PetSmart to procure everything but the crab (we'll get that as a family tonight) and ask my questions. When I walked in, the kid who was in the hermit crab department looked familiar, and he was very helpful. He assured me they are very easy pets, and he showed me the kit we needed and assured me I really didn't need several of the other hermit crab gadgets because I am not planning to breed hermit crabs. (Why oh why would I do that?)

After roughly the ten millionth question, sweet PetSmart kid looks at me and says, "Ma'am, please don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you the lady that fussed her beta fish to death? Hermit crabs are really easy pets, but you can fuss them to death."

Why, yes, PetSmart kid, I am the lady that fussed her beta to death, and I will take this kit and be on my way via the rock I would like to crawl under, thank you very much. You can't make this stuff up, folks.

All of that is to say, Happy Birthday, sweet Issa! We have a big day planned for you, and I hope you have many, many happy returns of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment