Monday, September 23, 2013

Spa Party

We closed out Issa's birthday celebrations with her friend party yesterday. She chose a Spa Party, and I think it is safe to say it may have been my favorite yet.
 
The girls arrived to find the Bower Spa:
We spread our old comforter out on the floor, which made a cozy place to become fabulous. Each girl was greeted by a favor purse:
Issa chose candy necklaces, strands of "pearls," lipstick, and a lip gloss ring for each friend:
We also tucked two hair bands in the back pocket.

The bar became the beauty counter:
I done did lost my mind with this nail bowl:
Yes...you do see nail stickers, jewels, and glitter. Much fun was had by all.

Daddy had a special glitter tattoo station:
As far as food, I had a bit too much fun. Issa chose to put the purse on her cake:
And we had a lovely snack bar:
We made cucumber sandwiches, nuts, chocolate covered strawberries, flavored waters, and edible nail polish bottles (candy coated marshmallows with a tootsie roll top--I have no idea why Issa chose orange).

We had ten little girls at our house, and they wasted no time making themselves even more beautiful:
Thank goodness Miss Steph came to help! She is a miracle worker in the manicure department:
And Daddy is the master of glitter tattoos:
After everyone was sufficiently fabulous, the girls enjoyed a snack and lots of laughter:
And I cracked up at the glittery, chalky disaster (because, yes, I bought hair chalk for them to play with):
Evan was not about to let the girls do his nails or make-up, but he did want a dragon tattoo:
I think she was happy:
She was also very excited to have Miss Steph there, too:
After snack, we let Issa open her gifts:
This was truly the sweetest group of girls. Every gift and card came with a rationale, and they all oohed and aahed over each item. This card was a particular favorite:
We of course had cake, and I loved seeing that genuine smile:
The girls ended the afternoon by playing on the swing set, which was lovely. I truly love that these girls are just as comfortable running and climbing as they are with nail polish and lipstick.

When they left, Brad looked at me and said, "These are Issa's people." She had invited the neighbor girls and the whole Tiny Company, and they are truly her people. They are kind and generous and as individual as they come. They are fearless and spunky and full of life. And I am so glad they all came to celebrate our Issa. Happy birthday, sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment