Friday, September 13, 2013

Well Celebrated

I think Issa felt very well celebrated yesterday. I was very pleased with her Minion cake:
 She came home to this birthday display:
 Please notice the string on the knob:
 I couldn't find a way to wrap her gift from us, so I wrapped a string all over the house to follow.

She had a blast at dance. They sang to her twice, and she was hugged by everyone. I think it may have been the highlight of her day.

When we got home, she received lots of birthday phone calls, and then finally settled in for our little birthday celebration.

Check out the cool owl shirt Aunt Shannon found (along with lots of other cool clothes):
 Evan was so excited for Issa to open his gift:
 He found an Orbee mood light. I really don't know who was more excited about it. He was so excited to give it to Issa, and I love that he knows the joy of giving.

Finally, she followed the string:
 Meet Fluffle:
 I have no idea what Fluffle is, but she had been saving to buy him from the museum all summer. When we were feeding the bears, we noticed they were on clearance and there was only one left. We did a little covert op to sneak him home, and Issa was thrilled. She thought her dream of owning him was gone. She was so excited that I'm not sure she registered that she comes with a day trip to the beach.

Finally, we blew out the candle on another birthday:
I asked Issa if seven felt different, and she said, "No. Same old life. It's good."

It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment