Friday, June 26, 2015

Welcomed

Brad comes home from a conference today, which means it has been just the kids and I this week. I also started teaching my second summer school class, so life has been a bit crazy. Thankfully, Miss Hannah was able to babysit this week. The kids were so very excited to see her again on Wednesday. When I had asked her to babysit, she had said she was volunteering at her church's VBS, but that the kids were welcome to come along. Issa and Evan thought that sounded fun, so off they went.

When they came home Wednesday evening, they were so excited. They had a great time, and they were begging to go back for the final night last night. How do you say no to that?

VBS starts with a shared meal, and the kids and I walked in to a cozy Fellowship Hall. I was taken aback by how many people called my children by name and how excited the kids were to see new friends again. I lost count of how many adults thanked me for allowing the children to come and invited us back to the program on Sunday morning.

I came home while the kids were in VBS, but I had been invited back to see the closing. I watched Evan actually do the motions joyfully to the songs after he walked in with his arm across the shoulders of a new friend. Issa came in laughing and hugged her new friends goodbye at the end of the night.

I can't say enough about the warmth and hospitality of this little church, and we will certainly be there on Sunday. I am grateful for any place that brings people together this way and with such joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment