Friday, March 18, 2016

Budding Thespians

We are very fortunate that the kids' school has a grant to bring artists in residence into each grade! In first grade, the focus is on performance. They do a six week series of classes that teach them the four Ps of performance (Plant your feet, Project, Move with Purpose, and Personality), see a play, and then they present a class performance. This week was the performance, and I'm so glad I was able to go:
Look at that smile. They were demonstrating some of their acting warm-ups. This is also the only semi-decent picture I got.

Here's what I loved: Evan was smiling the whole time. Last year, he looked miserable in his school performances. I have never seen a child gesture with less joy. This year, though, he was having fun. And I sure do love that smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment