Monday, August 28, 2017

Happy First Day!

Today is the official first day of school, and these two were truly very excited this morning:
 Their backpacks were packed tight:
 Evan is so ready for third grade:
 His outfit was a negotiation. I asked for no basketball shorts and that he matched. I'll take what I can get.

Issa is ready for middle school and sixth grade:
 She couldn't wait to wear one of her Aunt Shannon outfits and her new boots! She had middle school 101 Friday, and after spending a full day in the building she feels like she knows her way around. She is also thrilled to have some of her very closest friends on her team.

We also continued a little tradition:
On Issa's first day of kindergarten, she and I wore matching pearl bracelets. The idea was that if she got nervous she could look down and touch hers and know I was wearing mine and thinking of her. It was a reminder that we always have her back and that we know she can do anything. We wore them every day until she felt like she didn't need it anymore. As she started middle school, I got us new matching bracelets for the same reminder.

I've been holding mine much of the morning. I did fine dropping Evan off, but I might have cried after Issa got out of the car. There is no walking her in for middle school, and although she looked so grown up at home, she looked so very small walking into that big building. I know with every fiber of my being she is ready for this, though, and I can't wait to hear all about both of their days this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment