Monday, September 18, 2017

I Have the Coolest Family

We had a fabulous weekend. I'm exhausted, but everything went so well!

Hog Day was a tremendous success! Our first dessert competition had a goal of ten entries and $100 raised. Those were Mom and I's goals. The Board just wanted it to happen and didn't care if they needed to spend up to $200 to make it so. We had 11 entries and made $206! What was even better was that it was a true family affair. Both kids pitched in and worked hard. Mom ran the bake sale prep while I ran the judging. Brad sliced and plated every dessert for the bake sale. We had a few learning curve moments, but we problem-solved and the larger group had no idea. It was beautiful!

Yesterday, Issa and I went to the ballet. She djed there and back, and I just love hanging out with her these days. She has a wicked sense of humor, and I am so grateful she still wants to hang out with me. Last night, I was working on Read-a-Thon rosters at the table, and she sat down with her laptop to do some school work. She put on her music, and we sat and worked and occassionally chatted. It was lovely.

I think I will keep these people...

No comments:

Post a Comment