Monday, September 11, 2017

These Girls

Issa isn't really into the whole big birthday party thing anymore. Instead, she prefers to celebrate big with a friend. This weekend, we celebrated big with one of her favorite people on the planet:
This sweet friend is quickly becoming part of our family, and we loved having her with us.

Evan had a friend's birthday party Friday night, so it was just the girls. There was much crafting and giggling and eating. They chose barbecue meatballs and tater tots--like you do--and then finished the evening with a trip to Matthew's. They made their own chocolate bark, and I want major points for staying upstairs and only listening while they played in my kitchen. Saturday, we went for mani-pedis and then out to lunch before I took them for an afternoon of rehearsals at the studio.

They are such cool people. I loved talking through the nuances of Hamilton characters with them, and I laughed until I cried at the two of them analyzing middle school life. We played trivia, and they packaged up their baked goods for their teachers.

It was legitimately fun to have two such low-maitenance, fun girls in the house. Issa felt very celebrated, and I have a feeling this is just the first of many weekends with these two.


No comments:

Post a Comment