Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Little Things

I might have freaked out last night. This Irma, she's tricky. I was all calm until someone said they were thinking about evacuating. We by no means need to evacuate, but it just tipped me over the edge. Thankfully, I have a husband who stays calm when I don't. He did the weekly grocery shopping late last night and added a camp stove and some long-burning flashlights out of an abundance of caution. Of course, now that we did all of that Irma seems to be slowing down and will likely just get us a lot of rain early next week.

While he was doing very practical things, I resorted to scouring my kitchen and arranging snack baskets for our day of dance carpool:
We may be wet, but we have nicely arranged healthy snack options. Thank goodness I married well.

No comments:

Post a Comment