Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Little Rats

Fair Warning: If you come visit us you might find a tragically pathetic fake rat hiding somewhere odd.

Two years ago, Buddy the Elf arrived on Halloween riding said rat. Buddy left; the rat stayed as decor.

Last year, the kids and Brad spent the Halloween season moving him around to unexpected places.

This year, Brad and Evan have upped the rat hiding game. Yesterday morning, I awoke with a crick in my neck only to discover I had unwittingly slept with a rat under my pillow--that's how tired I was the night before. Of course, the rat then moved to Evan's bed for when he woke up.

Last night, we climbed into bed to find the rat hiding right where Brad's feet go. He took the rat and put it in the pants Evan planned to wear this morning, which was a rude awakening for the boy, who then put the rat in the underwear Brad had laid out. Brad moved it to Evan's room, where it was quickly spotted and the hiding place declared lame.

The rat is now somewhere. I have no idea where. However, I have been assured it will not impact me at all. I am not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment