Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Our Little Reluctant Writer

This boy. See that ornery face:
 He may be the end of me. He is stupid smart. His mind works a million miles a minute. His pencil, however, is a bit reluctant. If left to his own devices, his handwriting looks like something an elephant did with its trunk. Enter the new writing homework...

Each week, his teacher will send home a prompt for his to write about. Last night, he was to imagine what would happen if he had a dinosaur. After his initial insistence that he had all week and shouldn't have to do it last night because I am the meanest mom ever, he finally realized I wasn't budging on this (in case he didn't do his best work and had to redo it today), and he sat down to write:
He wrote a great paragraph about his pet pterodactyl that would fly he and his friends all over the world to eat good food. He smiled while he came up with his idea, and he wrote neatly with proper spelling and puctuation--just like we all knew he could.

Issa is quite convinced he might be a novelist when he grows up. I'll be content with getting out of third grade without me pulling all my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment