Monday, October 16, 2017

Lovely Weekend

This was a crazy busy weekend, but it was all really fun!

Friday night, we started the weekend at the Latino Festival at school. Brad and I were only there for a half an hour before we left the kids with Nana and went to a friend's house for dinner. I got to man the maracca booth, and I think I have successfully gotten all of the rice out of my shoes by now.

Saturday morning, I wrote the final Read-a-Thon report while Issa worked on homework. When the boys took off for the dojo, Issa and I took off for a lunch date at Pizza Hut:
 She had earned a BookIt free pizza (yes! BookIt still exists!), and she was very proud to plop that certificate down. We talked for the entire hour we were there. I'm so grateful that she still talks and wants to share everything.

When the boys got home, we ventured out to the pumpkin patch! We went to local family farm, and we had a blast. This was the best I could manage at a sibling pic:
 They had a fun slide, a mediocre hay ride, and a more challenging than imagined ball toss:
 They also had amazing pumpkins! Issa is going for a non-traditional sculpture made of tiny white ones this year:
 Brad hauled his and Evan's because Evan helped Dad choose two tiny ones to make into eyes for Daddy's big orange one:
 I can't wait to see how these turn out!

Sunday, Issa, Nana, and I headed to the ballet with my students:
I think it was the best afternoon of ballet I have ever seen! It was a Halloween theme of three ballets: the woman in the white veil (my fav), The Raven (Nana's fav), and Sleep y Hollow (Issa's fav). There were moments that made the entire audience gasp, and it was some of the most thoughtful choreography I have ever seen.

This week promises to be a little calmer; here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment