Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A Little Holly Jolly

So...I'm down right giddy right now. We are huge, huge fans of Thanksgiving, but we also start plotting Christmas in November around our house. In November, we focus on planning activities and what gifts we would like to give. It makes December so much less stressful if we've already made a lot of our gifts in November!

On Monday, Brad emailed out of the blue with a fabulous idea. He thought it would be fun if we all wore ugly Christmas sweaters to my aunt's house this year--a sort of competition if you will. I floated the idea, and my family is ALL IN! The flurry of texts I've gotten of sweater ideas from my cousins is hysterical. Shannon and Becca are planning a photo booth to capture the hilarity. Brad and I are plotting prizes and a game. It's just fun.

Last night, our little crew made our sweater purchases. We wanted them to arrive with plenty of time for embellishing. They are fabulous, and I must say Brad may be hard to top.

I love the joy the end of the year brings, and I am really focusing on that this year. Ho ho ho!




No comments:

Post a Comment