Friday, April 20, 2018

Date Night

All week, Brad has been tormenting me. Life has been crazy lately, so we spent our Friday night date nights side by side with our laptops watching a movie. We keep planning to go out, but it doesn't happen. Last week, I finally broke and said I really needed to actually go out.

Cue Monday when Brad announces we are definitely going out Friday and I need to dress up. And that's it. He wouldn't tell me anything else. Finally this morning, he told me we are going to see a show in Raleigh! I can't wait.

And here's the truth: we don't have time. We have been pulling laundry we need out of the dryer or mound on top. I haven't dusted in two weeks. We both have work work piled to the ceiling. We've juggling end of the semester and consulting schedules. It's ugly. In fact, we are so nuts we are eating dinner at home before we go because it's the only option, but at least we are actually eating a nice dinner together.

And I'm so very glad we are making time.

No comments:

Post a Comment