Monday, April 16, 2018

Keeping it Real

When I started this blog, I promised to capture the little moments--the real stuff in our home. In that spirit, I wanted to share the photos I sent my sister last week.

This was my zen:
 Those are rose scented candles. Norah Jones was playing in the background. It looks like we have it all together and life couldn't get any better. I stood in the middle of the kitchen to soak it all in. It was lovely, and I needed it because when I turned around I saw this:
I had two extra events on campus last week--both of which required a lot of extraverting, which just makes me so tired. Brad is juggling three major deadlines. Evan goes in for his oral surgery tomorrow. Life is crazy. We cooked all week, but dishes were just not the priority.

That's the reality. I don't even try to keep all the balls in the air any more. I just keep the important ones up, and when I have a minute I pick up those that dropped. Dishes dropped last week. I got it all cleaned up this weekend. It's all good. And when all else fails, I just light the rose candles and put my back to the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment