Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Weekend of Opposites

We had new friends and old friends over for dinner Friday night. We don't do a ton of entertaining, so every once in a while I like to go fancy:
 I love using Grandma Luzny's glass for appetizers!

And we used Grandma Judy's pottery for dinner:
 And then Evan made fun of me for trying to be fancy...and we handwashed dishes all weekend. But...it was very fun and it made me very happy!

Saturday, Brad and I went to a lecture at the History Museum:
It was awful! The speaker almost had lots of great ideas, but he stopped short--almost like he was afraid of stepping on toes. Brad and I solved all of his problems and I sent him an email with our notes. The conversation with Brad made the whole night worth it, though. And that's how you know you are academics...fixing lectures on date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment