Tuesday, October 30, 2018

That Did Not Go as Planned

We had a bit of a weekend. Our plan was to have a nice quiet Friday, go to the Renaissance Faire on Saturday, and go to the ballet--all four of us--on Sunday. 

Thursday night, I reminded Issa I had volunteered to do duty free lunch on Friday. I truly don't mind a middle school cafeteria, and the teachers deserved a break at the end of Spirit Week. As I was tucking Issa, she asked which meme I planned to be for Meme Day. I had no such plan, but I also believe in supporting school spirit, so I got up at an hour early to create this beauty:

 Issa went the Disney meme route with this Ursula tribute.
 Friday night, our neighbor who was going to check on the dogs texted, "Bummer about the Faire. I'm guessing you don't need me." Say what? Thank goodness for him. It was supposed to be beautiful Saturday, but it had rained so much at the end of the week that the Faire had to close. It was too muddy to park or walk safely. We opted for a pajama day and hanging out instead.

Sunday, Issa came down with a migraine as we discovered the local pumpkin patches and every grocery store was out of pumpkins. Just Evan and I went to see Dracula. The whole theater was decorated:
And Evan was a great date:

He actually loved Dracula!

He and I stopped at Target, where we did not find pumpkins but did find other porch decor:
That is the face of a boy who is trying to choose between a snake skeleton and a skull. He chose snake, and I will have to take pictures of our porch. We did manage to find beautiful pumpkins at Weaver Street, and they will not be carved because we all decided they are too pretty to cut.

All in all, it was a good weekend--just absolutely nothing like we planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment