Monday, October 8, 2018

Our version of spooky...

I was away at a conference last week, so I was especially glad to come home to a quiet weekend that we quickly filled with all manner of Halloween fun.

The kids and I decorated last weekend, but we started our costume planning this weekend! The kiddos decided we should go as the Pantheon, or at least part of it. Evan of course chose Ares; Brad chose Hephaestus, which clearly means I must be Aphrodite. The only wild card was Issa, who has chosen to be Hades. We looked for costumes on line, and we found them, but they were ridiculous. So...we started plotting. After a trip to one of those awful Halloween stores where I walked out slightly traumatized, we ended up at Walmart where we found the basic pieces and the rest of the materials we need! Evan is the only one who is ordering something, but since he's still in the kids sizes it was reasonable. Issa has already started crafting for me, and I can't wait to share the finished products.

When I can wait for is this gem:
We don't really do spooky at our house, but we do have this stupid rat. Every day, someone hides the rat, and whoever finds it is responsible for hiding it next. Evan currently has the best hide: under the fitted sheet on my side of the bed. We're lucky I didn't wake the whole neighborhood. This is my favorite tradition to hate, but I think I would actually miss it if this little guy went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment