Thursday, August 13, 2020

Day 147: I got to teach real people!

 Yesterday, I got to teach real students in a real classroom! I've been teaching online all summer, but yesterday I had 12 graduate students on campus for four hours. It was lovely. And exhausting. And weird. And I can't wait to do it again next week.

My 12 students we spread throughout a room that can hold up to 60, so it took a whole new level of energy to project with a mask, but it was so good to see them, and they were so excited to be on campus--even if they were masked. I'm also co-teaching with a great friend, so there are two of us to think through how to keep the class engaging and socially distant. It's like we are first year teachers all over again, which is kind of fun in a weird way.

It's our new normal, and I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment