Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Bit More Traditional

You may remember our reusable gingerbread house. Well...it was time to remove the turkeys and make a bit more traditional Christmas house yesterday. The clean up was far easier than expected, and the kids were super excited by the new candies.
It still just cracks me up to see Evan with a pastry bag:

I have fewer pictures because I did more decorating this time! I got a perfect do on the royal icing, and the kids wanted icicles just like the houses on Food Network. Evan did the rooftops, and Issa and I handled the rest. The results:

Please notice the little snowman with his black hat by the window.

Issa did this end completely by herself.

The hard candy stepping stones keep people from getting their feet all snowy:

And Evan thought of the wreath of fruit slices:

It was so fun, and I don't think we will ever get tired of making new designs, getting covered in icing, and laughing until we cry. The sugar crash I could do without, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment