Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Little Elf

I have a little elf, and she rocks my world:
Every year, Issa and I make teacher gifts. In the past, that has meant we look through books and websites, pick the gift, go shopping for supplies, and then I make the gifts after she gets bored halfway through the first one. This year, she was excited to look through books and websites, and we sat down to list the teachers. Between the two schools and ballet, we needed fourteen teacher gifts. Fourteen. That is some crafting my friends.

We chose the craft and did the shopping. She decided on Santa bottles filled with our homemade granola, so the shopping was really easy. I took one for the team and drank all the frapaccinos we needed. (Score!) Outside of that, we just needed craft paper and glue. While Issa was at school yesterday, I made the granola. When I picked her up, I had everything waiting in the kitchen for our crafting. I firmly expected that she would help for fifteen minutes and then move on. Wrongo. (Ten points for anyone who gets that holly jolly reference.)

This sweet angel helped with every single gift. She did all of the filling, and she helped with a lot of the cutting. I did the glueing. And, my friends, hot glue is hot. The finished product:
I think they are pretty darn cute! Our little Santa army:

I think I'll keep the elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment