Saturday, December 3, 2011

God Save the Queen

I am incredibly blessed in that most of my work can be done from home. It's great to be able to do a little laundry or run to the kids' schools in the middle of the day. The only down side is I spend most of my days alone. Sometimes, that is fabulous; I relish the quiet. Some days, I find myself talking to myself. And although I probably shouldn't admit this, I have even found myself creating little inside jokes with myself. Lately, my favorite revolves around the laundry room:
Scary, huh? That's clean laundry that needs to be put away, Christmas gifts that need wrapping, and Christmas craft supplies that need crafting. It's a happy, scary place. The other day, I opened the door and involuntarily said, "God save the queen!" I have no idea why, but now I must say it every time I open the door. It amuses me.

Yesterday, I gave myself the day "off" to craft and catch up around the house after the typhoon of bodily fluids from the past two days. The laundry room looks a bit less scary, but not by much. After Christmas, I'm sure I will miss the mess, though.

Today is one of the holliest, jolliest days of all. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment