Thursday, December 1, 2011

Melt My Heart

Last night was my last night of class, and look what my sweet family did for me:

I came home to streamers, ribbons, and balloons to celebrate the occassion. (I particularly loved the balloon hanging from our ceiling fan.)

Even the banister was decorated. We are all pretty excited that I don't have an evening class next semester. It's been a long six months of Wednesdays. It's one evening, but it throws off the rhythm of our lives and I am always afraid I miss something--a funny comment, a great story, a trip to the park. They are growing up way too fast to miss those moments.

Today, I am home with a questionably sick boy. What do you think?
He's dancing to the singing trio of Santa, Frosty, and Rudolph. But...he got sick at three last night and then again at 6:30. By the way, changing sheets at 3 am is one of the few mothering moments I could totally do without. We are fairly certain it's just allergies and mucus (because you really need to know all this but now that I've started I can't stop), but we thought a little snuggle time and quiet rest might not be a bad idea. After all, we have a busy weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment