Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Little Focus and a lot of Latte

Wow! It's amazing what happens when my distractable self is confined to a coffee shop for the bulk of a day. Our van needed routine maintenance (fluid flushes, brake something, a new belt...it was all a foreign language), and although it was routine, it was going to take a while. So, I took it in and then walked next door to the coffee shop to work. Three lattes and five hours later, I had accomplished so much, but I was still a bundle of energy from sitting all day.

I have to capture what I accomplished because it will never happen again:

1. Put together a presentation I am giving at Issa's school tonight. (Long story.)

2. Revised an article I'm hoping to submit to a journal sooner rather than later.

3. Put together my syllabus and BlackBoard site for next semester. (That will make life easier in January!)

4. Worked on dissertation revisions (because they will not end!!!).

5. Cleaned up from our Christmas party (which did not take very long--stop feeling guilty Crystal. I know you read this).

6. Did three loads of laundry.

7. Wrapped the rest of the Christmas gifts that are ready to go with the kiddos' help. (Issa is actually getting to be really helpful. Evan taped himself to one of the packages--not so helpful.)

8. Got some great snuggles with the kiddos.

9. Worked on some gifts I'm making.

Life is good! The stars aligned, and I'm really hoping they stay that way! I have a lot to do this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment