Monday, April 30, 2012

A Journey to Mt. Olympus

Friday night, we journeyed to Mt. Olympus for the spring festival at Issa's school! With the Olympics coming, we embraced the Classical and modern. The Olympic Ring bean bag toss was ridiculously popular:

Even the bean bags embraced the theme:
Who doesn't make grape vine bean bags to go with the game? Evan was happy to test the game for us:
 What amused me most was watching the big kids toss, too.

We also had the kids dress like Greek gods and goddesses. Evan opted for Poseidon:
 Kids could also be Zeus, Ares, Aphrodite, and Athena. I hauled out some mythology books and told plenty of stories to the kids who wanted to know more.

This is how Issa spent most of her evening:
 Who doesn't love a bounce house? She did eventually come out to play games:
 She went with the hybrid route. We weren't sticklers for accuracy in the dress-up department.

I think this face sums it up:
She was one happy butterfly. It really was a huge success, and I think all of the kids had a blast.

We spent the rest of the weekend going to a friend's birthday party and venturing out to a new park. Issa and I had been there on a play date, but we took the boys back yesterday for some big fun. Daddy has announced we will be going every weekend, and I announced I will remember the camera next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment