Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Little Girl Heaven

This is what the end of a five hour play date looks like:
That is one happy girl. It is also a girl who needs to learn a thing or twelve about eyeshadow.

The neighborhood girls had a blast yesterday. They started at our house, and spent the majority of the afternoon playing ponies, dolls, and school. Please do not ask me the rules for any of those games; I didn't even try to keep up. When it was time for me to go get Evan, they moved down the street until dinner time.

Aside from procuring snacks and examining minor cuts that were invisible to the adult eye, I just listened and worked around them. I love having a houseful of little friends. As much as I may get irritated by the fact that the children have taken over the house, it occurred to me yesterday the layout works so well. Different types of toy are in different zones, and they are spread out enough that there is room to be creative. (And these girls are creative...and they clean up after themselves!) In a moment that made my week, one of the neighbor girls looked at me with big, earnest eyes and said, "This must be what heaven is like; your house is perfect for little girls."

Sigh...I hope so...and she now has me wrapped around her little preschool finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment