Thursday, April 5, 2012

Not Quite What I had in Mind...

I have been thinking about purchasing a statement ring, but this is not quite what I had in mind:
Evan chose it for me yesterday from the Easter prize box. Miss Shirley said he was very specific that it was for his mommy, and when I got there he was very proud to give it to me...so I could wear it all Easter weekend. Of course, I will be wearing it all Easter weekend. Look for it in the pictures; it will be hard to miss.

This week, I have become painfully aware that I am raising a son. I know that sounds insane since he's almost three, but I realized I am not just raising a boy...I am raising the man he will become.

He strolled into the kitchen this week, and he handed me some play money announcing, "My taking you on a date!"

"Oh really, where are we going?"

"McDonald's. You need money to pay."

I resisted the urge to laugh uncontrollably. "Let me get this straight. You're taking me on a date to McDonald's and I'm paying?"

"Yep."

"Nope. When you take a girl on the date, a gentleman pays, and you should really do a little better than McDonald's."

"How about Vinny's?"

It's a small step up, but I'll take it. The whole scene was hysterical, but it was one of those moments when I realized he won't be my baby boy forever, and I'm okay with that. After all, I got the first ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment