Friday, July 26, 2013

Dinner and a Movie

Menu planning this week revolved around all of the fresh garden produce. We had so many pretty squash and tomatoes, and I wanted to use them well. We made the bread and just ate some on salad. I also found a great fiesta soup recipe that made used of a bunch of produce. Last night might have been my favorite, though. Ratatouille Pizza:
We made whole wheat crust, and then cooked nothing but the squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil--no oil or anything. Once that softened a bit, it went on top of the crust with a sprinkle of mozzarella. In short, it was loveliness.

When I mentioned this recipe to the kids, though, they were a bit confused. They thought I was making mouse pizza. The movie was their only experience with Ratatouille. So...we made it into dinner and a movie night. I would say it was a win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment