Monday, July 8, 2013

Good Bad Decision

This morning, my laundry baskets are overflowing and my kitchen is a disaster area. The landing looks like a hurricane hit it, and Issa slept in her sleeping bag on a stripped bed. In short, the house is a hot mess because I made a series of good bad decisions.

I flew back in Wednesday night, we enjoyed a family day sans any work on Thursday, and Friday I unpacked and cleaned the house from top to bottom before Brad's college roommate, Tim, arrived. We spent the weekend reminiscing, eating fabulous food, taking the kids to see Despicable Me 2, and laughing. I did no laundry and minimal dishes. I just enjoyed the time with a good friend, a friend my children adore and who adores my children.

He left yesterday afternoon, and exhaustion set in. I took a nap, and when I woke up I read my book--a complete fluff read I am loving. I did no laundry and no dishes. We even used a gift card and went out for dinner. It all feels a little hedonistic.

It was a series of poor decisions. It was not particularly responsible, and I will need to do some major cleaning today before I can start the grading and then go teach. But...I wouldn't change a single bad decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment