Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Clarity

Yesterday, we realized our crocuses and hyacinths are blooming. There is nothing I love more than the sight of spring bulbs popping up. It's like a visual breath of fresh air. I love smelling flowers again instead of cold. It's spring!

Yet, there are are still trees sprawled in all manner of odd directions in the neighborhood. Our backyard remains untouched--branches scattered everywhere. Piles of branches line the streets waiting for the brush truck, which is running every day and still can't keep the curbs clear. And...they are forecasting more ice next week. It's surreal.

Issa and I were talking about it on the way to school today. I was fumbling through an explanation of seasonal transitions and how sometimes winter and spring overlap a little bit--especially in North Carolina. Her response: "Or maybe we should just enjoy the flowers and use the branches to remember how much God loves us."

"What do you mean, baby?"

"He kept us safe, Mom. And He is giving us flowers right after to remind us spring is coming."

I am always amazed by how my sweet girl can see so clearly when I'm rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment