Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year, New Organization

I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions. I try to just make adjustments as the need arises throughout the year, and I don't find anything magically motivating about January 1. I also don't do spring cleaning. Spring is a special kind of chaotic around here, and deep cleaning just isn't going to happen.

But...I do believe in New Year's reorganizing. Every year, we gut the kids' room and playrooms. I clean drawers and bookshelves. New gifts inspire a purge of things we no longer need or use. This year, we took ten bags to Goodwill and six bags to the trash. We filled our recycling bin with more boxes waiting for it to be emptied. The kids transitioned into bigger kid rooms that are now more functional for them, and I set up systems that make my every day a little easier. But there is one new tool that makes my heart especially happy:
This $3 shoe organizer is priceless. It now hangs on the back of Issa's door holding all of her dance gear: tights, booty shorts, sports bras, knee socks, tanks, odd accessories. There will be no more digging and gnashing of teeth to find pink tights. There will be no more piles on the floor because she couldn't find her zebra shorts. Do you hear the angels singing? I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment