Monday, January 26, 2015

So Very Proud

This weekend was the official kick-off for competition season for Issa. The Company debuted all their dances at the Showcase, which is a lovely trial run of a competition. We will get the official feedback this week, but we couldn't be more proud of Issa:
 The Tinys were ready for Production:
 It was a great way to open the show, and they did so well all night. There were some hiccups, but Brad and I were both amazed by the growth in Issa. She looked like she was having fun up there, and she performed those dances.

My heart almost couldn't handle her solo, though:
She was so calm, but I was a wreck. I really thought I might vomit, and poor Brad had to keep loosening my hand from his knee. She rocked it. We know it wasn't perfect, but it is the best we ever saw her dance it, and she did more than the choreography. She performed. When I met her backstage afterwards, she literally jumped into my arms. She felt so good about her performance, and when we watched the video later, I was so proud of the way she critiqued and set new goals.

I couldn't be more proud of this girl. Now if I can just get my nerves to be as still as hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment