Monday, October 5, 2015

I'm back...

Well...Read-a-Thon is over--mostly. I still have a final report to write, but no more counting or assembling prizes or distributing things to classrooms. By all accounts, though, it was a tremendous success! I just didn't get much sleep for the past couple of weeks and every morning has been spent at school doing something. To be in my office on time feels like a real luxury.

Aside from Read-a-Thon, it's been a crazy couple of weeks. A list...

1. Just when I think we are full at the end something else moves in. Evan has been taking such good care of his fish that they are reproducing. He now has two baby fish, one of which is now as big as the parents. The second baby is officially out of the getting eaten danger zone. He is one proud little boy. You might also be amused to know he has named all of his fish after condiments: Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire, Ranch, and BBQ.

2. In related news, Issa now has three hermit crabs. Our sitter passed on two, and they are all playing very nicely. Issa is quite thrilled to have so many friends in her room.

3. In sad pet news, for the first time in 13 years we had fleas. Brad and I gave one dog and three cats flea dips this weekend. The good news is the problem has been eradicated before it got to be a pandemic.

4. In devastating news, we discovered the fleas because we had to call the vet for Nuzzle. She has been losing weight, and my worse fears were confirmed. She is in the very early stages of renal disease. There is really nothing we can do, and she is still very happy and active. Once that stops, though, we will say goodbye. She is my cat--no doubt--so I'm trying to savor every moment of what looks to be about six months left with her. My heart is just broken, though.

5. Issa had to do a Coastal Plains shoe box float this weekend. It's the first school project of the year, and I was shocked by how very, very little help she needed. Even finding all of the pictures online and compiling a document with captions was a breeze for her. It's due Friday, but she just wanted to knock it out this weekend. She presents next week, and I'll get some pictures then.

6. Brad and I went on a fabulous date Saturday night! It's a fabulous old bank that has been converted into a restaurant/art gallery. I had incredible mushroom bolagnaise, and it was so fun to sit in the vault sipping an after dinner cocktail before wandering to see some really fun modern art.

7. And now here we are at a new week! I'm sure more adventures will ensue...

No comments:

Post a Comment