Thursday, April 7, 2016

He Loves Me in the Chaos

This week has been nuts. I think the week after vacation is always a bit of an adjustment, but this one has been a roller coaster.

The highs...Evan graduated to Camo Red belt:
 He is so excited! Issa also lost a molar and found out she doesn't have to go back to the orthodontist for a year. I took a group of students to a nearby retirement community to share their research last night, which was a great experience for all involved. These are all wonderful things.

The lows...well...this happened right as I had to leave last night:
It seems my desk drawer just decided to break. The only good thing about it is I found my big box of pushpins. Tuesday night, we also had a bloody knee, a bloody finger, and a bloody mouth after everyone had been tucked. I can't even.

On the way to school, Issa summed the week up by saying, "I think a line from Hamilton sums it up: 'Blood shed and chaos and screams of revolution!'" Then there's that.

In the midst of all of this, a package arrived for me. Brad had mentioned he had ordered me something on amazon. When I opened the box, I didn't expect to see this:
 He even had it wrapped:
 And then I found this:

I can't wait to read it! He had listened to the audio version and loved it, and he knows I still need to feel the pages. He sent me this copy. I will be forever grateful to be married to a man who loves me--quirks and all--and does little things to surprise me...especially in the midst of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment