Thursday, October 13, 2016

Cozy

I cook year-round, but I really love cooking in the fall. I'm a seasonal cook. There are some dishes that are dead to me for large segments of the year, so I love when fall rolls around and I start pulling out recipes that were stashed for the summer.

Fall means all things pumpkin in my world, and Brad found a recipe for these pumpkin whoopie pies with a brown butter filling:
 I surprised the kids and him with these treats after school yesterday. He was getting home just as they were, and they were a huge winner. I've never been so happy that a meeting cancelled at the last minute. I don't get to bake an after-school treat very often, and there is something so cozy and satisfying about it.

Then for dinner, I tried a new recipe for vegetarian Indian shepherd's pie:
The base is lentils with all kinds of veggies and Indian spices, and then they are topped with mashed white sweet potatoes. So good. It was also the first time I got to use the stoneware crocks Mom passed on to me. She didn't use them anymore, and I'm a huge fan. There is something so cozy about the heat radiating off the crock as you eat.

Cozy. That's my theme this week, and I'm loving every cozy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment