Thursday, May 28, 2020

Day 73: Issa's Heading to High School

 Yesterday, Issa and I went to her drive-through final hurrah. They didn't call it a graduation because there are still three weeks left of school; they just did it early so they could take each student's picture and create a final gift for the class.

Never in my life would I have thought her eight grade graduation would look like this:
 All masked up in our car. The first few stations were to drop off library books, chorus music, etc. I was fine as we were pulling in. We were laughing about the whole situation. Then we got to the principal, who got a little choked up when he saw Issa and said, "This one is hard. Not ready to see her go yet." Cue the tears--from me, not Issa.

The last stop was a photo booth with all of her teachers:
She got her certificate and a little graduation tassel key ring. She was so excited to see them all, and I fought the tears as I saw them fight theirs. They were so excited to see their students, but to not be able to give them a final hug or do all the normal end of year things--I know that heartbreak. I was so excited that Issa was so happy, and I will be forever grateful to this team that put themselves through this wringer to do it.

And there you have it:
Our girl is headed to high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment