Monday, May 18, 2020

Days 62-63: Very Domestic

We had a very domestic weekend around here. Since Issa and I chose a very complicated recipe last week, we moved our baking days to Friday and Saturday and made gluten-free croissants! They need some tweaking, but Brad was beyond thrilled. Issa and I got really good at laminating the butter into the dough:
 And they came out really well:
 We think the oven temp was too high, though, because they got super brown:
 They are also all gone now, so we must have done something right! Brad has also requested them for Father's Day.

Issa spent most of the weekend sewing. Now that it's sounding like masks will be recommended for the summer, we realized the tied ones that I made are not going to cut it. None of us love having them tied around our heads, so Issa started researching making ear loop masks:
 She ultimately moved downstairs and used my sewing machine to make us all a set of masks. She also made some to mail friends. I am super impressed by how well she did, and I can't wait to use my new mask when I go to get crickets for Leo today.

We are all set up for the week:
One more month of school! Two more weeks of my class! We can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment