Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Assertions: A List

Yesterday was not a picture kind of day, but it was one of those hilarious, only at our house kind of days. These assertions begin in the morning and work our way to bed:


  1. The laundry just will not go away. No matter how many loads I do, there will be another.

  2. I will not be transcribing anything for the foreseeable future! I finished all of the transcribing for my dissertation, triple checked it, and then deleted the original files. That last bit nearly killed me, but it must be done.

  3. Frogs eat a lot, and the kids are still in love with the frogs. As soon as we got home, we needed to feed the frogs, and Evan laughs the entire time they eat--love it. (They are really funny to watch eat.)

  4. We have been watching too much Animal Planet. Our kids are loving learning about all of the animals, the food chain, and the circle of life. However, their imaginations have too much detailed fuel. In the bath tub, they were pretending to be birds. Issa was the mommy, and Evan was the baby. Before I knew what was happening, Issa filled her mouth with water from the faucet and spit it in Evan's mouth. While I understand this is how birds feed their babies, GROSS! This will not happen again.

  5. After numerous years of exposure, I have joined the 90% of the population who is allergic to poison ivy. Ug. (And yes...that is a real statistic. I researched it last night. It's what I do.)

  6. Issa and Miss Laura, her ballet teacher, have identical taste in ribbon. The frillier the better. I cut the tap shoe ribbons for her class last night. They are safely tucked in princess baggies and awaiting the big day!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment