Sunday, May 22, 2011

Frogs, Fishes, and Snakes...oh my!

...and for once they weren't at my house! We took the kids to the NC Museum of Natural History yesterday. I have never seen so many different frogs, fish, and snakes in one place in my life! Given our new found love of frogs around here, it was very exciting. Evan all but ran from exhibit to exhibit. They really do have a very impressive collection of animals native to NC (some alive some not so much), and it was also space day, so there were special displays about the solar system, including live versions of the animal constellations.


The dinosaur exhibit was also really impressive! I think my favorite was the prehistoric ocean tunnel--very cool. When you top it off with a picnic on the plaza, it was a perfect day trip!

Fun fact of the day: Did you know not all lizards have legs? Glass lizards look like snakes, but they are lizards because they have eyelids and their tails can come off. You learn something new every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment