Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I had a truly blissful Mother's Day yesterday. I asked for a lazy family day, and that is exactly what I got! The day started at a luxurious 9:30 with breakfast in bed: coffee cake muffins, bacon, and coffee. The kids had made me cards, Brad wrote me a poem, and I get another afternoon at my favorite spa. Ahhh. We spent the rest of the day playing and working in the yard. It was perfect!

I also want to share the treasures that came home from school; they make me smile every time I see them. You may recall the great bulb debacle that came home a few weeks early. (It has been safely transplanted to the garden, by the way.) Well...these little seedlings came home Friday. Issa isn't quite sure what they are, so we will see.
Both kids made some coffee filter flowers to add to my collection, and Evan made this little pot and planted the begonia for me!


Issa also made this bouquet of tissue paper flowers and a card. Everything is proudly displayed on the mantle, where it will stay for a while.



The time as a family was the best gift of all, though. I am so blessed that two little angels call me Mommy!




No comments:

Post a Comment