Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Frogs!

What do you think is in that bag and who do you think took the picture? You can probably guess Issa took the picture, but only the title of the post might give you the hint that there are frogs in that bag! Let's start at the beginning....

You may remember that this little man turned two last weekend. Last week, Aunt Tay Tay, the kids' Godmother, called to apologize for the gift that was on its way. She later sent me a message asking how far away a pet shop was, but I assumed she was joking. Even when I saw the box on our porch labelled "Live Fish," I thought she was joking. When the kids opened the box, I realized she was, in fact, not joking. The box had a little aquarium complete with gravel, a plant, a rock, two African dwarf frogs, and a snail. The kids and I frantically assembled the aquarium.


And this is Papa. Yep...Evan named them Papa and Nana. The snail is Happy...



...and Evan is beyond happy! The tank started here, but it later move up to his room. Last night, being me, I started researching African dwarf frogs. And although they can live in that little tank, they wouldn't be super happy. And because that's just how we roll at the Bowers'...



...we upgraded to this! We had toyed with the idea of an aquarium in Evan's room, and we decided this was a perfect excuse. I set it up today, and next week we will add a couple of cat fish. (African dwarf frogs are highly social and thrive with fish in the tank.) In case you are ever in the market for an aquarium, PetSmart is awesome! The people there are really knowledgeable, and they don't over sell. And...I swear Harry Chapin sold me pet supplies today. That voice could sell me anything.





This is Nana and Happy in their new home! Papa is much more adventurous and hard to photograph in the new home. Here's the little secret: Nana should really be Papa. Evan named the big one Papa, which makes sense since the people Papa is bigger than the people Nana, but female African dwarf frogs are larger than the males. Who knew? This is what happens when you turn me loose on the Internet!












No comments:

Post a Comment